Job searching can be frustrating and time consuming we often get told by our candidates that they feel like it’s a full time job in itself when searching for a new career opportunity. Dealing with a recruiter can take some of the burden away, combine this with the below tips to help make the process of looking for a new job a little less stressful and to keep you on the right track:
- Set up alerts from job boards and your recruiters websites so they can you stay up to speed on new vacancies. Do set the filters though so you avoid getting anything that isn’t relevant that will clog your inbox and stop you reading through the good stuff.
- Don’t apply for every job you see, or blanket your CV and hope for the best. This stinks of desperation and your application will generally be rushed and not tailored specifically to the job you really want to will be lost in the mix.
- Don’t scream from the rooftops that you are looking, keep it to yourself so you can avoid your current boss finding out.
- Make sure your CV is complete, up to date, has no jobs missing and no spelling errors. Take your time to get this right it is the most critical part of the entire process, it acts as your very own billboard to sell you to the world.
- Lock down your social media profile and ensure your profile photo is tasteful, make sure you have a professional voicemail greeting and that you promptly respond to any calls or emails from your recruiter or potential employer as all of this activity is being judged throughout the process