For many of us the thought of standing still in your career is enough to make you shudder. So how can you be sure that you are on track to living your best life when it comes to your career and your personal life? I have put together a few ideas to keep you thinking and keep you moving to where you want to be!
- It's important to understand yourself, and where you're heading in your career
- If you are unsure on which direction you want to take seek, out a mentor or a career advisor
- Look at those around you who are already where you want to be and ask the questions on how they got there
- Be humble, be patient and make sure you learn – not everyone can be the Receptionist one day and CEO the next
- Look at furthering your education in the areas you want to work
- Assess the gaps from where you are to where you want to be and set a plan to help fill those
- Look at other avenues of support from a mentor, networking group or a buddy to hold you accountable
- Spend your own money and attend events, workshops or retreats that will help you in your growth path
At Temp Talent we can really work with you in working towards your career goals; we can also point you in the right directions when it comes to networking and mentoring groups with the right people! Please reach out at any time if we can help you with moving forward!